Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Scrambled Thoughts

Once again it has been to long since I have written, really its been to long since I have even thought about my poor blog.  And much as it always is, many things have happened in the last two months.  So since I pretty much use this blog as my way of journaling bare with me as go through the things that have happened.

1.  I became a Temple Worker.  Ok fine I know I mentioned this in one of my last posts but this is a big deal and it really is a highlight of my week.  I have learned so much since I started working there and to be honest I cant think of a better way to spend my Saturday nights, I just love it and it really makes my troubles disappear for awhile.

2.  I passed my 90 day test!  When I started at the Credit Union I knew I had a 90 day probationary period and then I would have to take a test that would determine whether I would be able to continue to work there after words, I didn't start to worry about this till the night before but after 3 months of studying and hard work I PASSED! not only did I pass but I got a pretty good score too.  Along with passing my test I also was able to go full time! YAY!  It is great, except that I am not gone from home for almost 11 hours a day since it takes at least 30 minutes to get there and another to get back home.

3.  I had a birthday... and I turned a whole 23 years old.  Birthdays are kind of anti climatic in my family but my mother did a wonderful job, Now the only reason that I bring this is up is because I am going to be starting a new hobby.... I am going to teach myself how to quilt.  My mother got me quilt book and as soon as I have time to sit down and breathe I am going to quilt.  My first project is a pin cousin, which will come in handy when I do further projects.  But the project I most look forward to but that I have to work up to is making a quilt out of the dresses I wore when I was little... I am really looking forward to this.  Now that I have it written down maybe it will actually happen.

4.   My Mother moved in.  After months of working on it and knowing it would happen she finally got here and the house is almost sold.  I now have no reason to ever have to go back to Visalia again, it is a strange feeling but also a relief at the same time!

5.  My social life is continuing to improve!  This last weekend I was able to go to Southern California with a friend and it was one of the best weekends ever! I took her to Disneyland for her first time, we went to the Newport beach Temple and the San Diego Temple and sat on the beach and watched the sun set, I don't think I have ever laughed so hard or so much in my entire life!  And best of all we came back better friends then when we left.... which is saying a lot for the 2 of us.

6.  The dreaded snow has come.  TO make a long story short.... I hate driving in the snow.

7.  The Christmas season has arrived!  Although Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday I still love the Christmas season, at least the Christmas season through my eyes.  I don't care about the gifts I just love the feeling of the year.  I love seeing the lights, and I love this time to spend with family and to reflect more on the Savior.  Back in March I talked about Easter traditions so I am going to take a moment to mention my favorite Christmas tradition that is still possible and that is the German advent that my family has celebrated every year since I can remember.  I was reminded of this when I came home from my trip to our wreath and candle sticks sitting on the counter, although we have yet to celebrate 1st advent.... which was this last sunday.... I have always enjoyed the time when my family would gather together and sing Christmas hymns and light candles to celebrate the birth of our Lord.

Alright I believe my list is done, maybe I will have pictures of products of pictures from my trip to put up next time that would probably be more pleasing to those that come to my blog but in the mean time this is what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment