Thursday, October 10, 2013

Perfecting Professionalism

With my new job has come new adventures in life and new lessons.  Since I now work at a credit union it is my job to both look and act like a professional at all times while I am there so that the members that walk through the door will be willing to trust me with their money.  To be honest with you this was on thing that was appealing about the job in the first place, mainly because I would be able to dress nicely which always makes anyone feel better, I also figured that acting like one would be no problem.... I was a little wrong on that aspect of the job.  Anyone who knows me, and knows me well, these would mainly consist of my family members and very very close friends, knows that I am secretly, or maybe not so secretly and air head and a klutz and as my sister would put it a mess maker.  I can usually hide it for the most part but sometimes it just slips out, and it slips our at work a lot more then what it should.

Since everyone always enjoys a good laugh here are a few of my moments at work.  Since I am able to dress up nicely I have started to wear heels which me plus heels is always a dangerous mix but I decided that there was no time like the present to start learning how to really walk in them, and since I sit down most the day I don't really see the harm that it could really cause me, but that is until I have to stand up and go get something, some of my favorite trips have been 1. I was walking over to help a member and drive through and some how I tripped on the leg of the chair I was passing and pretty much flew into the chair I was headed to, and since it was me of course the member right next to the window say it and started freaking out to make sure I was ok.  Another moment happened just last week where I was standing up to go grab something and went head first into a wall, thankfully I swerved and caught myself so only my shoulder grazed it but it was close call.  The same day I also tripped over a chair and over my feet several times.

So lets just say that I have a long ways to go before I am the professional that I am aiming to be because even as I talk to I make many mistakes but thankfully it usually sends the member laughing as they walk out the door, so I shall leave you with my best moment of all.

Last week we were busy, it was Friday everyone wanted to make sure they got their cash for the weekend and their checks deposited so they could have money to play with so I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off so I had this member who wanted to get some play money out of his account but he didn't have an id with him so I just asked him some questions to verify that he was really him.  One of these questions was "what is your mother's maiden name"  easy question right? Well apparently not because before I know it I am asking him "What yo mama's name" I paused and waited and hoped he didn't hear what I had just said but of course he did.  I am still wondering where in the world that came from considering I have never said anything close to that my entire life.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, Funny stories, but forget all that stuff . .. you are just a beauty inside and out, and don't forget it.

    ReplyDelete