The day that I have been dreading to arrive for the past month has finally arrived, The day where I decide what the next step in my life should be, Where should I go and What should I do. As many of you well know I have had Pros and Cons up on my wall for the past couple of weeks for 6 different places I was hoping that they would grow a lot more then what they did but They didn't. So to start out here were the choices I had for myself when I started this month long Journey.
China: I was really interested in going to China my sister did it and it sounded amazing but I am honestly not ready for that big leap across the ocean, the idea of my sister and brother-in-law coming and picking me up in China at the end of my time there sounded really appealing, but in the long run China was the first to come down off the wall, if I had decided on China then I would have to have all my paper work in by today which didn't settle well with me.
Oregon: One of my Aunts up in Oregon offered me a room to stay in, I did think about going up there for a little bit but in the long run I really didn't have much interest in traveling north to live at this point in my life. Sorry Jeanine, maybe you will win next time.
Virginia: I loved living in Virginia so it was always a possibility that I could move back once I was done at COS but when it came down to everything I didn't feel like Virginia was the place that I was supposed to end up at the moment. Although I did toss around the idea of spending the summer out there, but that most likely wont happen.
My next 3 choices are the 3 that are still hanging on my wall today, 1 where I really wanted to go, 1 where my parents really wanted me to go and the last one is just practical.
Arizona: For the last few years I have been wanting to go to Arizona, I don't know why but I have, I looked into going to Culinary school down there at one point but decided at the time it wasn't for me. During this whole process of deciding in the back of my head I was thinking no matter what I am going to Arizona because this time nothing can stop me.
Utah: the last couple of months my family has been trying to convince me of moving to Utah and attending BYU. This has never been high on my list of things to do due to the fact that I don't want to be the average Mormon that goes to BYU and finds her husband there gets married and thats my life story, I am sorry but I don't want that to be my story.
Staying Home: This was always just my back up plan just in case the decision I had made didn't follow through. I had no intentions of staying here what so ever, it has been my plan to leave since before I moved back here.
This past week I had a plan in mind that I was going to do, I was feeling really good about it until I took into account more the just my feelings and wants... I was going to apply to BYU to make my parents happy, but since I wouldn't be able to make it in till winter semester I was going to head to Arizona for the summer, and maybe the fall if it had been alright with my aunt. I was really excited about this until I told my parents, then I started to get scared and worried about how I would get around and how I would afford everything so yesterday I had to reconsider everything. As of right now I am still going to apply to BYU but I am going to be staying home until further notice. It is the most practical plan, but also my least liked plan. I just can't afford anything else at this point in time. Although I reserve the right to change my plan at anytime I feel necessary because I am so not excited about the prospect of staying here.
Saturday, April 30, 2011
Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Decision Update.
The count down is on, only 5 days left before I need to make my final choice of where and what I want to do with the rest of my life, and let me tell you this month has gone by a whole lot faster then what it was supposed to so I feel like I am rushing to pull everything together so that I can make the best choice for me. My pro and con list have gone down from 6 to 2 and a half so I guess that is a start. There are so many more pros to one but I have always wanted to do the other one even though there are about 5 more cons to it then. My half of choice is just a last minute in case my other choices don't seem to work out. Check out my blog on Saturday because I will be posting my final decision at some point during the day.
Monday, April 11, 2011
Pro and Con
At the beginning of April my mother gave me a deadline to decide what to do with the rest of my life. This deadline is a kind of scary deadline to be facing because it will set the course of the rest of my life, this is the big decision that I have been putting off since I got back to California last November. I have been putting off deciding and finally last night I decided that I would start a pro con list for each of the places that I could go, right now they are just started, over the next couple of weeks I will be researching the places that are available to me and on April 30th I will have a decision made, and be making the necessary arrangements to make my choice happen. Right now my wall has 6 pro con lists taped to it, each representing a place I can go to, and each will be doing their own haunting for the next 19 days.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)