Saturday, March 20, 2010

Learning to Smile

Those who have known me for awhile know that when it comes to smiling I don't do it unless I have good reason to do it. In high school when random strangers that I never knew would be talking to a friend of mine would refer to me as the girl that walks around looking like she is mad at the world. I just always thought that it would look funny for someone who is walking by themselves to be smiling, I mean what would I be smiling at, what would be the reason for it. Mainly, I am just bad with showing emotions, if people need to know what my emotions are they will be the first one I am to tell, if they don't, then its really none of their business. Lately though, I keep my emotions in still, but I smile.
When I left home I can't count the number of people that told just to smile when I got here, they told me to do that for meeting new people, going to my new ward, going to interviews, and being on the floor at Home Depot (post on that to come). Well I can proudly say that I have been smiling since I got here, and life just seems a happier place when I smile. But that doesn't mean that when I am walking around town, I am going to have a smile on my face if I am alone.

1 comment:

  1. Kelsey, your smile goes well with your sunburn. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete